It’s hard to believe that we are nearly done with 2019!
I mean, it just started like 3 hours ago and now it’s already ‘this time of the year’ again; where your one foot is on the beach and the other still stuck in the office.
I love Christmas time. After all… it is the most wonderful time of the year. But besides that, it's an opportunity to spend quality time with family and loved ones. Sharing jokes, telling stories, listening to music, good food, great desserts and plenty of time on the beach and next to the braai - and lots of thinking about what you’ll be doing differently in 2020.
Now, I don’t really have any new year’s resolutions as such, but I have learnt some things this year that I will carry over to 2020.
• Take your bull terrier for regular walks or else things in your house will start exploding.
• When buying a car, firstly see what tyre size it has. Anything more than 17” is damn expensive. Also, metallic is nice, but white is the best colour for a car.
• Always, always, always carry wet wipes with you, whether you have children or not. It’s a handy ‘lappie’ when there’s spillage in the car, on your desk and on your dog.
• Make lists. Make lists of lists if you have to.
• Some things you can plan ahead, but there are times when you’re going to have to be impulsive and think on your feet.
• Try to be friendly – allways.
• Be careful about what you post on social media
• Get a proper cover for your cellphone.
• Don’t leave people hanging – it’s rude.
• If you can finish it today, DO IT! You don’t know what tomorrow will throw your way.
• It is completely okay to say no to things that don’t serve you. You don’t have to feel bad about saying no, you don’t have to make excuses, and you don’t have to feel regret or remorse.
• Celebrate your wins and get over the losses.
• Look after yourself, treat yourself – you deserve the haircut and the pretty nails, you’ve worked hard enough.
• Sometimes it’s best to sit back and enjoy the ride rather than trying to steer the ship.
Have a merry Christmas everyone and all the best for the new year. Thanks to all my supporters, all my lovely colleagues and friends and cheers to my haters too! May you all be blessed in abundance over the holidays in 2020.