OUDTSHOORN NEWS - The municipality has issued the following level 4 water restrictions with immediate effect:
• No washing of cars by means of a hose pipe
• No cleaning of paved/ concrete/ tarred surfaces and structures by means of a hose pipe
Special permission must be obtained where drinking water will be used for commercial construction / maintenance
• Irrigation of gardens only by means of a bucket or a handheld hose pipe allowed between 06:00 and 08:00 and between 18h00 and 20h00 two days a week. Even numbers houses on Mondays and Thursdays and odd numbers houses numbers on Tuesdays and Fridays. No irrigation system may be used.
• Plant Nurseries and Motor Wash businessess are exempted from the above restrictions, but are also subjected to the emergency water tariffs
• No filling of private swimming pools
• Fountains and water features to be shut down
• Irrigation by water other than the drinking water by clearly indicated at the front of properties where such irrigation take place, e.g. “BOREHOLE WATER”
• No irrigation of Municipal sports fields and open spaces with potable water
Transgressions of above restrictions can be fined with a spot-fine of R1 000.
These water restriction will be applicable to all water consumers in the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipal Areas, including De Rust and Dysselsdorp.
The following ruling restrictions remain in force for the rural consumers of the Klein Karoo Water Supply Scheme (KKRWSS) and the spot fine of R1 000 will also be applicable to the following transgressions:
- The watering of agricultural land, paddocks, gardens, lawns, parks and open spaces is completely prohibited
- Washing of motor vehicles with a hose pipe, cleaning of structures, paths, pavements or any surface with potable water is prohibited.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'