GEORGE NEWS - Many people have been asking how they can help with the fires in the Outeniqua mountains that started in Herold on Wednesday, 24 October.
The George Fire Chief reported that the fire had come over the mountain (completely West of the Montagu Pass) into a large previously burnt area.
Apart from the donations of water, etc one of the biggest things the public can do is to stay away from the affected areas to ensure that emergency crews have clear and easy access.
Thank you for all the donations so far. We are in need of the following:
- smaller bottles of water (not 5L) for the firefighters
- Juices / Energades
- Lip Ice Vaseline
- Wet Wipes
- Chocolates / Energy bars / Bar Ones
Please drop at your closest drop off point.
DONATIONS CAN BE DELIVERED TO:
- Fire Department or at Grace EMS offices at 31 9de Laan - Da Nova, MosselBay. Juan Barnard : 082 770 6045
- WILDERNESS Wilderness Garden Estate, Whale close Cindy : 084 922 8524
- SEDGEFIELD Visit Sedgefield Tourism Office Michael : 082 566 8433
- KNYSNA Visit Knysna Tourism Office - Main Road Belinda : 074 456 2253
For more information and needs contact Tammy 072 235 4033
- PLETTENBERG BAY Shop 11 - The Market on Main The Go Group Tourism Information Office Stephanie : 082 261 0542 Beacon Isle Kwikspar TSITSIKAMMA Gretha : 076 551 9258
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'