GARDEN ROUTE DISTRICT NEWS - Measures that were introduced at provincial hospitals and clinics in the Garden Route and Central Karoo at the start of Lockdown are still in Place.
Nadia Ferreira, Principal Communications Officer Garden Route and Central Karoo Districts, said the week that the following measures at health facilities are still applicable.
- Unfortunately no visitation at hospitals during lockdown
- Non-urgent operations have been cancelled or postponed
- Patients on chronic medication will receive 2 months’ supply
- TB patients should still visit their clinic for daily medication
- Patients who need to seek emergency life-saving care, preventative services such as family planning, pre- and antenatal care and immunisations can attend their facility as well as those who have had their appointments confirmed.
- If you are not sure when to seek medical care call the Hotline: 021 928 4102
- COVID-19 testing is done at select sites in the different sub-districts. Contact the Hotline first. If you are still uncertain enquire from your local clinic or hospital.
Visit: http://westerncape.gov.za/coronavirus for regular updated material and factually correct news and information.
Dear reader, As your local news provider, we have the duty of keeping you factually informed on Covid-19 developments. As you may have noticed, mis- and disinformation (also known as “fake news”) is circulating online. Group Editors (publications and online platforms) is determined to filter through the masses of information doing the rounds and to separate truth from untruth in order to keep you adequately informed. Local newsrooms follow a strict pre-publication fact-checking protocol. A national task team has been established to assist in bringing you credible news reports on Covid-19.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route District news'